A light-hearted look at the healthy competition in our office between the “User Experience guys (and girls)” and the “Dev guys (no girls…yet)”…..the “how to annoy a dev guy” post is coming soon 😛
- Give them FTP access and ask them to upload their prototype to the server (“FT…what?”).
- Tell them their user flow doesn’t make sense but don’t give a reason.
- Tell them their “best-practice” feature is impossible to implement.
- Tell them the Axure License has expired and they need to use Powerpoint in the meantime.
- During the client meeting, while they’re presenting their UX audit, tell them the Account Manager told them to audit the wrong site.
- Tell them UX doesn’t extend beyond wireframes and design.
- Give them a wireframe without flow and sitemap.
- After they submit their wireframes based on user research, say “but that’s not what the client wants”
- Tell them that you know for a fact that UX is only one step in the process and once they’re done with the wireframes, they can just go and do something else thank you very much.
- Explain the project to them in one sentence and tell them you need wireframes by 6pm.
Got some to add? Write a comment.